So I have been wondering about this new pudding from Morinaga recently: Veggie juice-banana pudding (Jujitsu yasai de oishii Banana pudding) .
Here it says Banana pudding with 20 kinds of veggies and fiber. Banana itself would have been nice but with veggie juice?? (this is a cooperation between Itoen’s jujitsu 60% veggie juice series and Morinaga)
So…I bought it just to satisfy my curiosity. Let me tell you about its label first: 120 kcal, protein 2 g., fat 4.3 g., carbs 17.6 g., and fiber 2.9 g. Compared to many other puddings, 120 kcal is pretty normal, but it can be better in terms of lower fat and higher fiber. Check it its product website!
Its flavor profile, HOWEVER, is really ambiguous or “Bimyou” as we say in Japanese. It’s not totally sweet. The sourness came after a while, leaving kinda weird aftertaste. The texture is normal, just like pudding in general. It kinda tastes like you are drinking diluted veggies drink with added sugar in a pudding form. lol
Sorry, morinaga….This pudding is not cutting it for me.
More pudding reviews are coming, so stay tuned!
Posted in Food Product Review
- Tagged バナナ, プリン, banana, 繊維, drink, 野菜, 野菜ジュース, fiber, itoen, juice, Morinaga, New, pudding, veggies, 充実野菜でおいしいバナナプリン, 森永, 伊藤園
I am a frequent investigator of convenience stores, especially Family Mart which seems to be everywhere: next to my apartment and in my office building. It has been long since I really found something sweet that I would crave but I spotted this milk pudding yesterday during hunting for my lunch at Famima. So yes, BOUGHT IT! Tried it too and I like it.
Why it’s good?
1. So low in sugar!: only 3.3 g. which is about 77% less than the normal pudding in the market (I think it’s 77% sorry if I’m not precise)
2. Made from Almond milk: the flavor and smell is really nice and mild
3. Low calories: only 67 kcal! Could be a perfect little dessert after your meal! (totally guilt-free) Normal pudding would be about 120-150 kcal or more.
My opinion is that it’s really a good choice if you just look for something small to round up your meal. (or if you’re on a diet) But if you look for something more indulging and rich, full texture..this might not be for you.
Posted in Combini, Food Product Review, Healthy, Healthy eats
- Tagged almond, almond milk, アーモンド, アーモンドミルク‘, スイーツ, スイートミルク, ダイエット, デザート, ファミマ, プリン, ヘルシー, ミルクプリン, dessert, family mart, famima, guilt-free, heathy, low calorie, low sugar, milk, Morinaga, New, pudding, sweets, 森永, 低カロリー, 低糖質